Archer D7 Firewall Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-06 16:21:52
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Afrihost

Hi There,

I have an Archer D7, and setup the firewall to be active, and to NOT Allow traffic not specified by a rule. (therefore blocking everything)

I then have a rule, which applies to my entire internal DHCP range, and Allows outbound traffic to all WAN hosts.

With this in place web access works perfect, I was also able to VPN in to work.

At this point, no issues.

A few days later, and suddenly I cannot use VPN anymore, it keeps failing.
I checked the firewall rules, all is as it should be.

Tried restarting the router, my pc, no luck.

Eventually tried disabling the firewall on the D7, and my VPN connection started working.
Messed around with the rules, deleting, recreating, etc, and could not get the VPN to work with the above rules (originally mentioned).

If I enable the firewall, and specify that all traffic not specified by a rule is Allowed, and then I put in a rule for all my LAN IP's, to DISALLOW incoming connections, then I am able to use my VPN.

I would prefer my original config, but I just cannot get it to work, its as if a port is still being blocked.

Is there anyway to log the firewall activity to see what traffic gets blocked?

Regards
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D7 Firewall Issues
2015-01-07 13:56:46
What kinds of VPN? Provide the topology.
D7 is in EWAN mode?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1

Related Articles