Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-07 15:59:23
Region : Australia

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.11 v0032.0 Build 141117 Rel.54392n

ISP : IINET

Hi all

Just to clarify the model I have is the Archer C2 (this option is not available in drop down field)

Hardware Version:Archer C2 v1 00000000

I have 2 windows based PC's and one on Linux all on wired 1gigbit network. 2 smart phones on 5G wireless.

Transferring data between wired PC's is ~ 70-90MB/sec.

My problem is this speed will drop to anywhere between 1-12MB/sec.

I have had this router for two weeks and this is happened three times. To remedy I reboot the C2, which then allows me to transfer files at the appropriate network speeds. When the router is rebooted the PC's are left in the condition they were when the wired network speed dropped off.

Latest firmware has been flashed, as provided on website.

No static IP's all DHCP.

No other issues noted with this router, wireless has been good to me.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated

Thanks

Admin comment: Post#24 is a possible fix for this problem according to Post#31.
Options
41 Reply
Re:Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off
2015-01-08 14:03:16
I have had this router for two weeks and this is happened three times. To remedy I reboot the C2
Did you try to reboot your PCs?

Test in this way for a period of time.
Link two PCs by a network cable, assign static IPs for both, and transfer data to test the speed.
Or if there are other PCs, connect them to C2 to test.

By the way, internet speed is OK?
Options
2015-01-09 05:59:57

Mavis wrote

Link two PCs by a network cable, assign static IPs for both, and transfer data to test the speed.

I did this as part of my initial troubleshooting with transfer speeds of 70-90MB/sec. When the issue presented itself I did not reboot the PC's, but instead used existing ethernet cable and connected between two PC's and assigned static IP's. This appeared to remedy the slow transfer speed. I will also point out that when testing this issue I had three PC's to play with and while connected to the C2 any combination of testing between the three produced the same results.

My net connection is fibre 100mb/40mb and thus far I have not experienced any issues with net speed or wireless networking issues, just the lan.

At this early stage, to my mind there is some issue with the C2. I will continue to monitor and report back.

Thanks
Options
2015-01-14 11:23:47
Just happened again, file transfer between two PC's was ~1MB/sec. Reboot router, repeat file transfer... wallah ~80/90MB/s

/shrugs
Options
Ditto
2015-02-01 01:26:17
Having same problem with Archer C2 except on wireless side. Just noticed it today when attempting to transfer a large directory across network. I haven't noticed a speed degradation on the wired ethernet side. Only wireless affected. As you mentioned, rebooting the router solved slow speed issue.

I have the C2 configured as a wireless AC access point and switch.

On the bright side, it seems the work around is easy.
Options
Suffering for this problem too.
2015-02-05 06:04:00
I'm suffering the same problem with archer C2, sometimes it only takes one day to reach the speed degradation, same procedure, rebooting router and wired transfer speed is back to normal.

My hardware is V1, Latest Firmware.
Options
2015-02-05 10:17:42
You are suggested to report such a problem here.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-02-05 11:00:36
I suppose this problem is related with the associated speed. Did the associated speed drop to 10mbps or 100mbps?
Options
2015-02-05 15:17:45
TP-link is easy and simple to installer, I'm afraid stangang was right,

Options
2015-02-05 23:15:44
i was told this by the technical support by email:
Would you please try to disable Current Hardware NAT to try? After you login to the interface, please try to go to NAT, and then disable Current Hardware NAT.
Normally the router's stability will be influenced by long time operation, especially by the high flow when it is transfering large files.

It's been only 4-5 hours since i disabled that option and did a reboot, i'll report back if it works or not.
Options
2015-02-06 17:08:24

NeoDaemon wrote

i was told this by the technical support by email:

It's been only 4-5 hours since i disabled that option and did a reboot, i'll report back if it works or not.

Will be interesting to see the results.

I have a theory that when a new client connects wireless and/or wired the router hicups and lan speeds degrade. When I get time I will test theory.

To post #8, Connection(s) were still handshaking at 1000mbps when lan transfer speed was degraded.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6713

Replies: 41

Related Articles