Problem with TD-W8980

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with TD-W8980

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with TD-W8980
Problem with TD-W8980
2015-01-09 15:18:21
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello people, I am having an adsl2+ router with the model number of TD-W8980 v1. I've recently set up a wireless internet connection to this modem. Last night everything was working fine. When I woke up today I see the 5Ghz light and one of the network port light is constantly on even nothing is connected to device. The wifi device which supplied internet to the router was connected through port 1 even there was a special port assigned for WAN. What is going on? Because I'll freak out if the device is broken. :(

Thanks for the help from now on.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with TD-W8980
2015-01-09 17:13:00
Did you hard reset it? Unplug all devices connected to W8968 by cables and check lights again.
If it is the same, get it replaced under warranty.
Options
Re:Problem with TD-W8980
2015-01-09 18:44:14
Uh, this is interesting but I was pretty sure that I listed my device as W8980 and my region as Turkey but seems something went wrong, but long story short, I did a hard reset and nothing happened. After the hard reset the same lights were on constantly. I'm going to hand it today to the local store where I purchased the item to see what happened to device and replace it if possible.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 2

Related Articles