Archer D9 - Out of the box, built-in DHCP Server not working on wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-10 09:39:36
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since opening the box of a brand-new Archer D9 yesterday and following the setup instructions, I have had inconsistent experiences with the router's wireless IP address assignment. At first, the device wouldn't provide an address to a device after connecting and my devices were connected (either to the 2.5 or 5ghz) with only a 169.254 address from which I couldn't access the modem's configuration page. Earlier this morning, the device was handing out correct 192.168.1.10x addresses. And yet, while nothing has changed, only a few hours later, I now see that I am back to getting 169.254 addresses.

I've tried a hard wired connection and was able to reach the device setup screen. I even tried updating the BIOS (which succeeded with a message of "Firmware Upgraded using Archer_D9v1_0.9.1_0.1_up_boot(141027)_2014-10-27_12.03.42.bin
"), but the DHCP Server still seems to be unreliable.

Thoughts? Is it a bad unit?

Chris
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D9 - Out of the box, built-in DHCP Server not working on wireless
2015-01-12 12:21:42
I am binding my MAC address to DHCP, hence I don't have the IP prob thus far...
Options
Re:Archer D9 - Out of the box, built-in DHCP Server not working on wireless
2015-01-12 18:21:43
Quite strange problem...:

Have you try hardreset the D9?
Options