TL-PA6030KIT Slow download high upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-13 06:05:50
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

im getting tired of this the upload speed is higher then the download speed my provider speed is 100/100mbit

the utility is showing me 337mb rate

please fix this it was working great before i had 97mbits download and 97mbits upload before

i tried with cable directly to the computer im getting great result so its not the problem from my provider
im thinking about returning them back
Options
10 Reply
Re:TL-PA6030KIT Slow download high upload
2015-01-13 17:09:10
The rate is just a connection rate which shows in the utility, if the connection rate is 337Mbps, the actual data transfer rate is about 160Mbps.(The rate transformation ratio is 48.05%)
Options
2015-01-13 18:06:15

timx wrote

The rate is just a connection rate which shows in the utility, if the connection rate is 337Mbps, the actual data transfer rate is about 160Mbps.(The rate transformation ratio is 48.05%)

watch the pictures i uploaded download speed is 30mbit while upload is 100mbits

its 2 pictures
Options
2015-01-13 18:16:24
what does differ from upload and download speed i think its a firmware bug
Options
2015-01-13 20:01:19
Homeplug performance is not necessarily symmetrical. They operate as transmitter/receiver so if you have high interference in the vicinity of one homeplug unit, it may have poor receive performance. But another unit across the house may have normal receive performance as it is far away from the interference.

Do you have any high-interference device in the vinicity of the Homeplug connected to your PC ? (eg low quality phone charger, lamp etc). Is the homeplug connected directly to the wall and not a power strip? Have you changed any components in your PC (eg PSU, case) ?
Options
2015-01-13 22:30:34

starf wrote

Homeplug performance is not necessarily symmetrical. They operate as transmitter/receiver so if you have high interference in the vicinity of one homeplug unit, it may have poor receive performance. But another unit across the house may have normal receive performance as it is far away from the interference.

Do you have any high-interference device in the vinicity of the Homeplug connected to your PC ? (eg low quality phone charger, lamp etc). Is the homeplug connected directly to the wall and not a power strip? Have you changed any components in your PC (eg PSU, case) ?

i just tried 1m from each others at the same powerline same problem i unplugged everything in the house and still same low speed that wasnt like that before its driving me crazy
Options
2015-01-13 22:49:19
i just saw in the utility that the tl-pa kit is named as unknown if i change it to the original Homeplugav name all of them stops sync to each other if i rename them to Homeplugav name .
i start to pair them to each other and the name goes back to unknown in the utility is that normal?
Options
2015-01-14 04:28:40

starf wrote

i just found out that my son had updated the firmware in the plugins thats why i lost all the speed the original from the package was this firmware 600A-5-3-5317-00-1545-20130221-FINAL-B

i just saw that in the utility its on this picture

where can i download firmware 600A-5-3-5317-00-1545-20130221-FINAL-B
Options
2015-01-14 16:41:45
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA6030KIT&version=V1#tbl_j

Better upgrade the latest firmware first.
Also uninstall your utiltiy and install the new one.
Options
2015-01-14 17:17:09

Tobacco wrote

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA6030KIT&version=V1#tbl_j

Better upgrade the latest firmware first.
Also uninstall your utiltiy and install the new one.

the latest version destroyed my download speed im searching for the stock firmware
Options
2015-01-16 21:50:12

wslimazzz wrote

i just saw in the utility that the tl-pa kit is named as unknown if i change it to the original Homeplugav name all of them stops sync to each other if i rename them to Homeplugav name .
i start to pair them to each other and the name goes back to unknown in the utility is that normal?

The network name is how the plugs pair. In order for all units to pair together, each one must be given the same network name (by default HomeplugAV).

That means you need to connect a computer to each homeplug and use the utility to give it your chosen name. Alternatively just reset them to make them all go back to HomeplugAV.

When you pair them using the button method, the procedure is automated (a random network name is chosen and assigned to each unit).

If your son has updated the firmware of one unit, I would check to make sure he has updated the firmware on all units (each unit must be done separately). It is better to have each unit running the same firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1106

Replies: 10