TD-W8968 USB Printer Controller is causing BSOD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-14 14:52:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209

ISP :

Hi,

This seems like a old known issue yet TP-Link hasn't come up with any solution. I am about to return the first ever TP-Link product I purchased. Everything else working fine, the printer controller utility of this router is randomly causing a BSOD on my Win7 64-bit if its started and present in tray (whether or not printing).

Please help me to solve this as otherwise the router/modem is OK and I do wish to keep it if this problem disappears.

-Thanks,
Akash
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W8968 USB Printer Controller is causing BSOD
2015-01-15 14:59:03
Hi ,

I'm interested in this issue . I would like to help you do sth about this.
Just wanna know more details about this.
Could you tell me the model number of your computer ,the model number of your computer main board and the version of your operating system?
Options
2015-01-15 15:05:55

John MacTavish wrote

Hi ,

I'm interested in this issue . I would like to help you do sth about this.
Just wanna know more details about this.
Could you tell me the model number of your computer ,the model number of your computer main board and the version of your operating system?

I am on my HP G6-2005AX Notebook and my OS is Win7 SP1 64-Bit.
Options
2015-01-16 01:52:28
For anyone facing the same issue, I have some hope here. Try this version of their software:

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WR1043ND_V2_USB_Printer_Controller_Utility_140613.zip

I know its for some other model router but I have found this to be working for my TD-W8968 v3 Modem/Router without causing any BSOD crashes (as of posting this). Procedure:

1. Uninstall the current version of TP-Link USB Printer Controller.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. Download & install the other version of their utility from the link given above.
4. Reboot again.

It worked for me so hopefully it should work for others also.

- Akash
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 3

Related Articles