Interferences from other houses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-20 18:45:06
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm using a kit of PA2030, with one powerline connected to the router (VirginMedia) and the second one in my bedroom, connected to my laptop.
The two adapters are not securely paired, as I thought it wasn't needed since there's no other adapters in the house.

However, recently I noticed that sometimes I get an unexpected ip address from another DHCP server, allegedly a BT Hub router, which is definitely not in my house. I am also able to navigate through that connection, albeit slowly, and I'm curious about how this could happen.

I will securely pair the two adapters tonight but still I wasn't expecting interferences from other buildings.
How is that possible?

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Interferences from other houses
2015-01-21 09:56:54
Maybe there is another unsecured powerline network in the same electrical meter...
Anyway, secure it to test. http://uk.tp-link.com/article/?faqid=258
Options
2015-01-21 18:52:56
Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I did a pairing and they work fine now, although I'm 100% sure there was no other networks in the same meter, let alone another router which has an active DHCP as well.
Is it physically possible for powerlines to receive interferences from other buildings? Where is the cut point?
Options
2015-01-22 11:42:09
Different powerline adapters under different electrical meters should not be able to communicate with each other, so I'm confused about how does it happen as well...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 3