TL-WN851ND not recognized by utility, no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-31 01:26:49
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just did a clean install of Win7 and am attempting to re-install the drivers for the aforementioned WN card. Unfortunately my computer is not able to use the card after the install. Device manager indicates the presence of a 'TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter' but also provides error code 31, Windows cannot load drivers required for this device. The Utility that comes with the disk also does not recognize the card.

Now I am a little stumped seeing as I've done the exact same thing before with this machine and back then it worked just fine!

Can you provide any possible solution for my problem?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN851ND not recognized by utility, no connection
2013-06-01 16:02:27
in that case, go to tp-link web site to download the proper driver.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WDN4800&version=V1#tbl_a

Then, refer to the following link to install it manually. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=228

wish you good luck:)
Options
Re:TL-WN851ND not recognized by utility, no connection
2013-06-01 16:26:10
Thank you for the reply! I tried to install them manually as you saidm but it still gave me the same exact problem. However, I managed to fix it by going into the device manager, uninstalling the network card and then rescanning for the card by right clicking on the network adapters listing.

So there you go! Hope this helps out someone with a similar problem.
Options