port forwarding on client mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-26 05:23:28
Region : Turkey

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a TP Link TD-W8970 modem router which I use to connect to the internet.
I have a PS3 in another room. I use a Tp Link WR 702 N nano router in client mode to connect this PS3 to internet through the main router as this gives better performance than
connecting the PS3 with wireless directly to the main modem router.

Now I am trying to open ports on the main router to have better performance on PS3 when online gaming etc.
My question is, when setting the port forwarding under main router's settings page, should I put the main router's internal ip addess which is 192.168.1.2, in the port forwarding IP
address section , or the IP address of the nano router, that is connected to the ps3 in client mode?( 192.168.1.200 in my case)

Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:port forwarding on client mode
2015-01-26 14:09:28
You should put in IP address of the PS3 which you are trying to open ports for.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=72
Options
2015-01-27 04:05:43
Thanks Mavis.
As I mentioned, the PS3 isn't connected directly to the main modem router, but through another router on client mode. Does this make any difference?
Options
2015-01-27 13:47:50
But another router is not working as a router, isn't it? The IP address of PS3 is still assigned by main router which is still the DHCP server in the network.
Options
2015-01-28 01:58:40
Yes , the small router that works on client mode is not working as a router. DHCP is off.
I understand. Thanks again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 4

Related Articles