TP Link Powerline on separate circuit - same premises

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-26 20:34:55
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, on our home premises we have two phone lines coming in - one to the house one to the garage. We have separate internet on each line.

I want to connect to the phone/internet line that goes into the garage, from the house.

I have purchased the TL-PA4010 Kit which contains the TL-PA4010 and a TL-PA4220. I paired both devices in the garage and then took the 4220 into the house and plugged in but have been unable to connect them.

The garage obviously is on a separate circuit but still part of the same electrical system.

Can someone clarify if I should be able to connect these effectively or not? If I am can you clarify the process of connecting them with the setup as described above?

One extra Q: when I paired the devices in the garage I also performed the wifi clone on the 4220, it did as said - blinked once every second for about a minute and then blinked quickly. It still blinks quickly - does this mean that it has 'not' cloned the wifi, or is this what it is supposed to do?

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Powerline on separate circuit - same premises
2015-01-27 11:51:37
Can someone clarify if I should be able to connect these effectively or not? If I am can you clarify the process of connecting them with the setup as described above?
Powerline adapters separated by different circuits may not be able to communicate with each other. BUT you may test since you have purchase them.
To pair them, you can finish the pairing process in the same room. And then, place them where they should be to test.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=258

As to the second Q, probably but you can login web interface of WPA4220 to check or change Wi-Fi name and password. BUT it is not a key step to test powerline adapters communicate with each other or not.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2824

Replies: 1