Print Server Conflict with Norton N360 Firewall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-30 04:21:34
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : TD-W8968v3_un_1_0_5_140821R52209

ISP :

The print server software of my TD-8968 did not work with the N360 firewall, although during installation an entry for USB Printer Controller.exe had been made under N360's Firewall Program Rules. The controller panel was blank and showed neither the printer nor the router. As soon as I turned the firewall off manually, the router and printer appeared and printing/scanning worked fine on my HP Photosmart C4100, but when turned back on they disappeared again; re-installing the software did not help. Then I found somebody's comment here:

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/TP-LINK-USB-Printer-Controller-27155-program.aspx

which read "I had to accept UPD incoming connections on port 7437 to be able to see my printer."

I tried it, created a corresponding N360 Traffic Rule and my problem was solved immediately!
I did not find this solution anywhere at the TP-LINK site, why is it not mentioned at all?
Maybe this will help somebody else.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 0

Related Articles