Canon Wireless Printer Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-05 23:02:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi

I have a TP-Link WPA4220 st up with 3 Av500 extender units. They work perfectly and are all cloned under the same SSID, etc.

My problem is that I cannot get our Canon MG 6450 wireless printer to be recognised. I dont have a problem in my study, where the PC is attaced to the AV500 via a cable. The printer works pefectly via. wireless.
However, if I sit in the same room or indeed anywhere else in the house, none of the our laptops or my IPAD will recognise there is a wireless printer. Having said that my IPAD will on very few occasions pick it up, about 1 in 10 times.

I have spoken to Canon and they have talked me through disabling IPv6, and making it a static IP address. Needless to say neither has worked.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this please.

Cheers
Options
8 Reply
Re:Canon Wireless Printer Problems
2015-02-06 15:17:14
Your printer supports airprint?
If so, maybe the latest firmware of WPA4220 can fix this issue.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_j
Options
2015-02-14 01:48:11
HI

Thanks for a prompt reply.

I have updated to the latest firmware and still having the same problem.

The printer does support airprint. Can't print to 2 other laptops which are running Windows 7.

Will occasionally print, then each time you try to access the printer get the message "printer off-line" - which it isn't!

Appreciate any more thoughts.

Regards
Options
Printer Offline error
2015-02-21 05:22:16

popeye wrote

HI

The printer does support airprint. Can't print to 2 other laptops which are running Windows 7.

Will occasionally print, then each time you try to access the printer get the message "printer off-line" - which it isn't!

Appreciate any more thoughts.

Regards

This is my problem also. I just registered to see if I could find help with this. (although I have a Brother printer)

I can print from Windows XP computer, but cannot print from my two Windows 7 printers. (sometimes when I first boot up my laptop I can get something to print - but not after that)
I get the Printer Offline / turn on messages -- and the printer IS ON.
The printer icon on the devices page is grayed out.

router: TL-WR841N
Hoping someone can help with this.
Thanks!
Rene
Options
2016-01-29 17:37:39
Are you printing via ad-hoc vs infrastructure network?
Options
2016-01-29 23:49:11
My problem is that I cannot get our Canon MG 6450 wireless printer to be recognised. I dont have a problem in my study, where the PC is attaced to the AV500 via a cable. The printer works pefectly via. wireless.
However, if I sit in the same room or indeed anywhere else in the house, none of the our laptops or my IPAD will recognise there is a wireless printer. Having said that my IPAD will on very few occasions pick it up, about 1 in 10 times.

I'm having exactly the same problem with my HP P1102W. There are several threads here now reporting similar problems with printing. My printer is indeed online and I can ping it from any wired ethernet connection, but I can't see it from my Windows 7 laptop or iPad when they are connected wirelessly.
Options
2016-01-30 17:10:33
Does the Canon printer have an embedded web server where you can configure settings?
Options
2016-08-19 14:03:45
having exactly the same problem with your HP printer. download the driver and reinstall the drive
Options
2019-01-06 05:52:24

popeye wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi

I have a TP-Link WPA4220 st up with 3 Av500 extender units. They work perfectly and are all cloned under the same SSID, etc.

I have spoken to Canon and they have talked me through disabling IPv6, and making it a static IP address. Needless to say neither has worked.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this please.

Cheers

can you try to install latest drivers found here https://www.printerdriverforwindows.com/canon-pixma-mg6450-driver

before you install this driver make sure you have uninstalled the previous driver on your system

hope this will fix your issue

Options