DNS error requires reboot of modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-16 15:16:02
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : TD-W8968_V3_140821

ISP : Slingshot

Hi,

I have a TD-W8968 that consistently loses internet connectivity to all devices on our network. It is manually configured to use my ISP's specified DNS servers, but after only a few minutes of uptime, all devices give DNS errors. I have tried using the automatic DNS settings from the WAN link, but this also gives the same error. The devices connecting via the modem include iPads, a Mac and a Windows PC, but all have the same issue.

The modem is the DHCP server on the network, connected to an Airport Extreme that is used for wired and wireless routing around the house. I can see all of our devices with full 24 hour leases and IP addresses in the DHCP status page, but they still are frequently unable to connect to the internet. I recently upgraded to the latest firmware to resolve the issue, but it had no effect.

I have been using an older Dynalink modem that I used prior to the W8968, which functions without issue and has the same interfaces configured.

Please can anyone advise if there's a way to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:DNS error requires reboot of modem
2015-02-16 19:03:35
I had the same problem with the WD9980 router. Disabling UPNP on the router solved all of the wifi connection problems. However, I was told this might cause problems with gaming consoles - this is not a problem for me as I don't have any.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 1