Powerline Utility fails to run

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-03 08:29:39
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to link TP-link PA411 to existing netgear XAV5004 powerline network.

When installing the Powerline utility (TP-link)I had issues with updating winPcap. (I previously had the PC in question connected to the network via the netgear units)

To get around this I needed to first uninstall the netgear powerline utility and wireless utility I have installed, then winPcap could be installed via the Tp-link Powerline Utility installation. The Installation appeared to run fine with no error messages.

I now have have the issue that the Powerline Utility (TP-link) will not run at all. The program does not appear to start. I believe I need to use the utility to configure the TP-link devices to the Netgear devices on the same network.

Is there a way I can diagnose why the program is not starting? (I am not very computer savy)

Ive tried using the netgear utility to configure the TP-Link device but this did not work (its a seemingly automatic process that I had very little control over)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Utility fails to run
2015-03-03 18:53:54
Uninstall that utility. Download the new utility here and install it. It works for PA411 as well.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA8030P&version=V1#tbl_b
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1066

Replies: 1

Related Articles