wired port multicast/bonjour not being sent out wireless port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wired port multicast/bonjour not being sent out wireless port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:wired port multicast/bonjour not being sent out wireless port?
2015-06-14 16:52:25
Mac is 10.10.3, all up to date.
iTunes is not really relevant, it's working fine, and it's mostly Spotify that I'm streaming. For the record anyway, it's up to date (12.1.2.27).
I raised a support ticket last weekend. They replied on Monday, though I don't think my issue was fully understood TBH, and I've only just had time to reply to better illustrate the issue (with screenshots). I'll see what they say. The screenshots I supplied clearly illustrate the _slipstreamrem (and other) services being filtered out.
Cheers
Options
2015-06-15 15:37:28
I also encounter this problem and I contact a TP-LINK technical support. I described my problem to him, undertook communicating with him subsequently.
At last, we find out my problem is caused by TL-WPA4220's WiFi-Clone function. Then I disable this function and everything get better. May be you can try this way see whether it can solve your problem.
Besides, my printer is Konica Minolta 8650DN.
Options
2015-06-17 02:26:42
Thanks, that sounds interesting, though I am not clear what you mean by disabling the WiFi clone. Do you mean resetting the device and then entering the wifi settings manually rather than using the clone button? I had a look through the device's wifi settings but don't see anything relating to disabling the WiFi clone settings...
Cheers,
Chris
Options
2015-06-21 21:14:15

chill wrote

Thanks, that sounds interesting, though I am not clear what you mean by disabling the WiFi clone. Do you mean resetting the device and then entering the wifi settings manually rather than using the clone button? I had a look through the device's wifi settings but don't see anything relating to disabling the WiFi clone settings...
Cheers,
Chris

WIFI clone is the recommended way of setting up the adapters using the WPS button on your router.
I have been having printer issues since day one and had not bothered investigating until now, when trying to activate a fireTVstick with my iPhone. Both connected to WPA4220 but would not communicate. Having read the earlier message, I reset the adapters and manually set the wifi up using the web interface and not using WPS. Everything now works fine!
Options
2015-06-27 20:41:06
I finally got time to try it. It worked! Fab, thanks so much!
Options
2015-06-30 16:42:07

chill wrote

I finally got time to try it. It worked! Fab, thanks so much!

You solved the problem in the same way as Otter?
Options
2015-07-02 02:20:31

Vivian wrote

You solved the problem in the same way as Otter?

Yep
Options
Maybe related. Solved my problem
2016-02-05 04:18:25
I am using TP-WPA4220 and had all sorts of problems with Bonjour. I could not see my NAS in Finder from MacBook Air and could not find AirPrint printer from iPad, etc.
What solved, for now, my problem, was changing the frequency from Auto (40/20) to 20MHz. Now everything works. I used WPS for cloning, etc.
Options
2016-02-23 22:41:16

eefrat wrote

I am using TP-WPA4220 and had all sorts of problems with Bonjour. I could not see my NAS in Finder from MacBook Air and could not find AirPrint printer from iPad, etc.
What solved, for now, my problem, was changing the frequency from Auto (40/20) to 20MHz. Now everything works. I used WPS for cloning, etc.

Correction - it solved nothing :(

Just to clarify - those of you who solved the problem by resetting and manually configuring the Wi-Fi again - did you manually configure the Wi-Fi to the same parameters (SSID and password?)
Thanks!
Options