Wifi dropping connection randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-18 01:52:13
Region : Germany

Model : TD-W8970B

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.10 v000d.0 Build 141008 Rel.55826n

ISP :

Hello,

since severel month I'm already facing the problem that my devices loose wifi-connection to the router. The wifi is still visible, but I can't connect to it anymore for approx. 3 minutes. Than it seems to work again. If I connect to the webinterface during this time via LAN-cable, the device does not show any errors and internet is working fine. Besides I noticed that after a dropout the logfile is empty except a few logs from the current date/ time and some from the year 1970.
Unfortunately, resetting the device also didnt help.

Can you help me?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi dropping connection randomly
2015-03-18 15:41:04
When Wi-Fi connection lost, what's the status, disconnected, limited, connected but no internet? Any IP address obtained?
Wi-Fi connection comes back automatically?
If you forget the network and reconnect, does it work?
Try to change channel to 1, 6 or 11 on web interface of W8970B. You can also change channel width to 20MHz.
Options
Re:Wifi dropping connection randomly
2015-03-20 21:38:49
i have the same problem sorry for my english but im from spain i buy this router from 2013 and this year start to freezing wireless but strange with cable work fine so,do u have any tp link moderator why,because after 6 or 19 reset from back button work again but when the n i don t know after 2 days happens again ,and again reset from back button and again work so please tell where do u i send to change my router because i have the entire box the tycket were i buy it and all i buy it from internet pccomponentes.com but they don t contest me so any tp link admin contact to me i send aa request to tp link because are too many people with this fail and is a TP LINK FAIL once again sorry for my english i pay a lot of euro and now this problem is very anoyng
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5115

Replies: 2

Related Articles