TD-W8980 Intermittent internet connectivity drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-07 12:52:15
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I installed the router and after following the quick setup guide the internet connection seemed fine, but after around 10 minutes I lost internet connectivity. Rebooting the router resets the issue, the connection holds for anywhere between 20 seconds and 20 minutes and then will drop out again. From what I can tell its network wide, my PC connected via cable/devices on WiFi all stay on the network but with no internet access, and it happens regardless of what devices are connected. I ran the internet diagnostic and here's a before and after of the connection dropping. This router replaced my ISP provided Technicolor gateway, which when I switched back to doesn't seem to have any problems holding the connection.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 Intermittent internet connectivity drops
2015-04-09 17:57:07
When connection drops, how about status of ADSL light and Internet light on W8980?
You'd better ask your ISP to check if they made some limitation on their end when you use a brand which is not given by them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 1