RE200 Connected but not able to recognise Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-15 14:47:53
Region : CzechRepublic

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have placed te wifi extender near the router (for testing). Then I created a Extended Connection (CON_EXT). From this Location when I connect to the original Connection (CON_) I can use the itnernet without Problem. But when I connect to my CON_EXT I have no Internet Access, when I check the tplinkextender.net Status page I can see that there is the following Information int the Status of the 2.4 wireless Connection : Signal Streght: No Signal. But there is a Signal and I can connect to it, so what could be the Problem? why is the wifi extender not being able to connect to the router?

thanks
vitor
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 Connected but not able to recognise Signal
2015-04-16 16:39:50
What's the firmware version of your RE200? Is it up to date? If not, upgrade the firmware first and reconfigure it.
What's the brand and model number of your main router? MAC filtering is enabled on the router?
How about status of RE light and 5G/2.4G light?
Options
Re:RE200 Connected but not able to recognise Signal
2015-04-16 16:49:47
@vitor

When you log into the tplinkextender.net page and run the quick setup wizard, can your main router's signal be scanned? If yes, what is the channel?

Ensure you have selected the correct Security type and entered the correct wifi password.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 2