Acrher D7 / C7 Sky Fibre DHCP Option 61

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-15 19:06:22
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Archer D7_V1_141014

ISP : Sky Broadband

Hi Guys,

I'm currently using an Archer D7 to connect to SKY Broadband ADSL, however my line is due to be upgraded to fibre (vdsl) in the next few months.

Understandably, I won't be able to use the internal modem of the D7 to connect as it's ADSL only, however since the D7 is pretty much the same as the C7 with the additional internal modem, I 'd like to connect to SKY fibre using the D7 in Wireless Router Mode.

To cut to the point, I need to know if the D7 or the C7 naively support DHCP option 61 (client Identifier) used by Sky Fribre.

I know that DD-WRT firmware is available for the C7, but not the D7 and this has proven to work.

Lastly, has anyone-cross flashed a D7 with DD-WRT C7 firmware. :confused:

Thanks

G
Options
3 Reply
Re:Acrher D7 / C7 Sky Fibre DHCP Option 61
2015-04-16 17:17:18
D7 can be configured as a wireless router like C7 indeed.
After upgrade the line, you may test if D7 works with your Sky fibre modem. Hope you can feed back the result here. :)
You haven't purchased C7 yet, right? You'd better test D7 first.
Options
Re:Acrher D7 / C7 Sky Fibre DHCP Option 61
2015-04-17 16:49:39
Update: I consulted TP-LINK support team on this issue.
They said there is no DHCP option 61 which can be modified manually on web interface of D7 and it should not be able to work with Sky fibre modem.
But they would like to provide a beta firmware for us to test after line is upgraded to VDSL. They cannot promise that it can be solved unfortunately.

Hope it helps to you. You can also contact TP-LINK support here if you need further assitance. :)
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
Re:Re:Acrher D7 / C7 Sky Fibre DHCP Option 61
2019-01-14 22:33:08

Hi there,

I wonder if you managed to solve the problem with D7 connecting to Sky Fibre ?  I have Opeanreach VDSL fibre modem and want to use D7 as a router, but regardless what PPPoE login/password I enter it will not connect.

Not sure if upgrading to latest firmware 2017 will add this DHCP option 61 ?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1612

Replies: 3