DDNS not getting updated when Public IP is changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-18 19:21:39
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since the firmware has been updated due to serious vulnerability problem on previous firmwares. DDNS is not getting updated when the ISP changes the IP address.
This is causing lots of problem when you need to access your internal servers such as (DVR, Alarm system, IoT devices ). For all those having the same issue please comment

I have already opened a ticket and here are some exchanges with the support team :-

1 --->

> Some details about the modem :-
> Model TD-W8961ND Ver3.0
> Firmware 3.0.0 Build 140331 Rel.27670
> WAN connection type Encapsulation PPPoE LLC
> Bridge Interface deactivate
> ISP provides Dynamic IP address (The IP address is renewed automatically
> after about 8 hours) I use Dydns Service.
> Country Mauritius
> ISP : Mauritius Telecom
>
> Here is what happens in a few lines
>
> When I reset the modem the Dydns gets updated without any problem this
> means that the configuration on the router for dydns is good. After say
> about 8 hours when the ISP renews the IP address the router does not update
> dydns with the new IP address. Please treat as urgent we have many
> customers having this same issue after the firmware has been upgraded.

2--->

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Becky ren <[EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]> wrote:
Dear Yovan,
Many thanks for your valued reply.

It seems like you have already solved the problem that couldn't login to the management page .
But for the problem that the DDNS couldn't update , we haven't get the feedback from other customers .We need to collect more information .
Do you mean the DDNS would update automatically for previous firmware .
Have you tried to register another account ,whether it's working ?

3-->
Hi Becky,

Login to the management page has NOT been solved, but I can live with this problem for now, I hope that it will be addressed in future release of the firmware.
Now concerning the DDNS this is top urgent, if you have gone in depth in my previous email you would have understood and deduced that the DDNS setting is correct in my configuration as when you restart the router it does get updated ( so there is no possibility of wrong configuration on my side) The problem is that it does not update the DDNS when the ISP changes the IP address. Please solve the DDNS problem urgently as I have a huge install base of TP-Link modem TD-W8961ND Ver3.0 at many clients' locations and they are not able to access remotely their DVR (Video Surveillance System) so I am not alone. [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Yes DDNS worked in previous firmware . If this is not resolved urgently I will have to get rid of the TP-Link modems and have it replaced by another brand, this will create a very bad reputation for TP-Link and you will lose future clients. I hope you understand the urgency of the problem and will take necessary actions.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Regards,

Yovan

Options
3 Reply
Re:DDNS not getting updated when Public IP is changed
2016-10-13 19:19:15
Same here 2 years same problem, they have dynamic dns client but they dont force update it, so or we are looking for another brand or we will wait for 2 more years to solve it! if they will!
Options
2016-11-08 00:19:08
Ah yes, I wondered if that may be the problem.I'm trying to test everything, including the ddns, before I separate the units.I will try again when I've set everything up at the remote location.Thanks for you advice. ___ NEW XRumer 12.0.19: [i]revolutional method in SEO and SMM[/i]
Options
2016-11-08 23:23:14
Hi, I finally managed to remotely control my radio...and also later on ... I mean I turned off and on again many times my control-RRC ... no problem.. always ease to connect to remote radio-rrc. I also turned off and on and then off again the DMZ - it worked so I assume is not dependent on the DMZ. I asked my father on the other site radiorrc to reset the router - and get a new IP address. The DDNS remote rig service correcty identified the IP - after few seconds... but..when I tried to connect again on the panel side control RRC it didn't work. I checked the status and a part from SIP ERRORS yellow led is continuos blinking with sound ... there is written DDNS status .... PREVIOUS IP of 10 minutes before... only after 10 minutes - after several turn off turn on of the device control RRC I believe It appeared the new one...and correct one. Since then IT DIDNT WORK ANY MORE..... don't ask me WHY I don't understand.... I just changed the IP resetting the router... Thanks for any help This is the last screenshot.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2514

Replies: 3

Related Articles