Powerline slower than wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-22 01:10:04
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I've just upgraded my internet to 120Mb/s and bought new powerline adapters since my old ones started acting strange, but I'm only getting like 25Mb/s max on speedtest,
I've tried multiple sockets around the house and even near each other but theres no change, tried with a few different laptops too, same thing.
Interesting thing is if I connect it directly to the modem i get the 120Mb/s just fine. Even with wifi on my laptop i got the same 120 but not with powerline? I don't get it to be honest.
Any Idea what could be the problem?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline slower than wifi
2015-04-22 11:46:29
Can you provide model number of your powerline devices?
You'd better check the rate using utility for powerline adapters.
Some powerline devices may have high rate the the speed still cannot reach 100M because their LAN ports may be 10/100M instead of gigabit.
Options
2015-04-22 11:53:05
Hi, the model is TL-PA4010KIT, and I'm aware of the limitations but I should atleast be getting 80Mb/s because of those right? now I'm only getting like 20% of what I should be getting no matter where I plug the adapters in.
Options
2015-04-22 11:55:20
and the rate in the utility is 124Mb/s atm, it was something like 370 when I checked it downstairs using the adapters very close to each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2054

Replies: 3

Related Articles