Reliance Netconnect dongle / TP-LINK 3420 - It takes a long time to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-24 09:05:13
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.15.9 Build 140912 Rel.35984n

ISP : Reliance

Hi,
Whenever I power on my modem, it takes between 20 to 30 minutes for the modem to connect to the internet.
On the status page of the modem, I see an 'identifying' message, then 'identified successfully' + 'connecting' message. Then I see a 'disconnected' message and then the message cycle repeats. This message cycle repeats several times over 20-30 minutes before I see a 'connected successfully' message and then I am able to connect to the internet.

If I take out the dongle from the modem and plug it directly into my laptop, the laptop is able to connect to the internet in under a minute. I have tried this with two different dongles. The results are the same. Instant connectivity to the net when I use the dongles directly on my laptop and about 20-30 minutes when I plug the dongles in the modem. It is not an issue with my laptop as I face this issue with all devices that connect to this router.

My firmware is the latest.

Dongles: Reliance Netconnect

Modem:

Firmware Version:
3.15.9 Build 140912 Rel.35984n
Hardware Version: MR3420 v2 00000000
Options
1 Reply
Re:Reliance Netconnect dongle / TP-LINK 3420 - It takes a long time to connect
2015-04-24 15:56:09
What's the model number of your dongle? Is it in the list as below?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3420&location=1151
Did you try to contact the support team to see if there is any beta firmware to you upgrade?
http://www.tp-link.in/support/contact/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 1