TP Link TD-W8969 Cant stream files from Windows 8 to Samsung TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-29 20:08:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin ADSL (now Talk Talk)

Im hoping someone can help with my new TD-W8968 router. Router set up where an old Netgear worked fine. Router is online fine and wifi works without problem.
I have a Samsung tv and a Humax PVR (tv recorder) both linked to the new router via lan. I also have a Windows 8 laptop linked via lan (using Homeplugs) which should serve files to the tv or the Humax box (Windows 8 shared folder). The tv and the Humax can both "see" the Windows 8 laptop (confirming everything is wired ok) but they can not then "see" the files to play them. If I swap back to the old router the files are seen and can be played without issue on either the tv or the Humax.
2 other (D-link and another Netgear) routers also allow the tv or the Humax to see and play the files without any settings being changed (these 2 routers have other reliability problems).
I am assuming there is a setting on the new router somewhere I need to change. I have tried a couple of options without success and factory reset the router afterwards and started again. Everything else on the new router is working fine. Does anyone have any ideas..I like the router and dont want to return it.
Many thanks in advance.
Options
6 Reply
Re:TP Link TD-W8969 Cant stream files from Windows 8 to Samsung TV
2015-04-30 14:12:47
Sounds like DLNA compatibility issue. TD-W8968 is not using standard DLNA module...
Options
2015-04-30 16:15:00
Would the dlna compatibility issue be causing this problem? I have read about that issue on this forum.
I dont have anything connected to the usb socket on the router. I thought that dlna issue affected the use of that socket.
As all my connections are wired using lan would this issue likely be the cause of the problem in my case after all?
Options
2015-04-30 16:21:14
I cant edit a reply so I will ask here..is there a firmware update to solve this or does the router have to be returned?
Options
2015-04-30 17:09:23
I'm afraid not. As I know, new DLNA module will be updated on some of their new models like Archer D7 but not sure about its release time. :(
Options
2015-04-30 17:18:32
Thats disappointing. The router will have to be returned. I have TP Link home plugs which have been great. I was hoping to stick with TP Link.
Thankyou for your replies M Diamond. Your help is appreciated.
Options
2015-05-13 23:05:25
Hello.. I'm having the same problem :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 6