Archer D5 - Wireless Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-03 20:29:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.7 v002e.0 Build 141222 Rel.36478n

ISP : Plusnet FTTC

Hi All,

Bought an Archer D5 in an attempt to rid myself of all things BT (Plusnet excepted). I am using it in Wireless Router Mode and wired; everything is OK but the WiFi on some devices, not all, seems to drop or at least pause. Webpages, for example google.co.uk can take 15 seconds to appear and searches take much longer than my older router. Another example is speedtest.net, if I run the test it starts OK but suddenly stops and the transfer rate will slowly drop to 0 Mbps and remains there. A further symptom of the wireless issue is when downloading, in this case a pdf reader, when the download window was opened I observed it wasn't transferring, I clicked Pause and then Resume and the download started but stopped a few seconds later, pause / resume again and more would download but stop again. It took approximately 10 pause / resumes to get the 7MB document downloaded.

The wireless signal appears on the devices as being strong, 135Mbps on the PC upstairs, but I can only assume that the signal keeps dropping until something re-initialises it. I should add that I have 1 wired connection, my PC, but all others are wireless; a couple of tablets, gaming consoles, mobile phones and a TV, the PC upstairs is the only one with an external adaptor which is N150.

Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D5 - Wireless Issue
2015-05-04 15:02:35
How many wireless clients are connected at the same time?
Have you tried to reduce the number of connected clients to see if the connection will be more stable?
Try to change channel to 1, 6 or 11.
Disable UPnP.
Lower transmit power.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 1

Related Articles