Archer D9 ADSL variable link speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-05 09:08:12
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a few issues with this modem

[*]I noted that when DSL speeds drop during peak times, the unit will lock up and the internet will drop out. Internal page will say that the link speed exceeds the max rate and this the internet does not work. The system will still respond via the internal UI but the diagnostic will fail at PPP or internal DNS test and I will have to reboot manually.
[*]At these peak period, if other devices will try to log onto the network this will cause the internet to drop out as well if its running.
[*]When max link rate increases in off peak period, the actually DL speed does not increase. I noticed that he SNR will increase but speed wont. There is no option to fix the SNR.

Only way around this is to reboot the modem, which I don’t want to do in the middle of the night. Have wrote a script for it but not working well, rather the modem handle this internally.

Any way to resolve this? will a new firmware be released to deal with this?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D9 ADSL variable link speed issues
2015-05-05 16:34:05
Did you contact your ISP to test the line?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles