Multiple powerline from different companies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-18 09:07:31
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I just bought the TL-WPA4220KIT. I also have a d-link DHP-306AV and a d-link DHP-346AV.

I'd like all 4 powerlines/plugs to work together as a happy family but I seem to have some issues everytime I try to include the TP-Link wifi module. If I use the other one in the kit and ignore the wifi one (so I plug the regular one in my modem and the 2 D-Link in other wallplugs), it works flawlessly. Once I try to include the wifi one, things go wrong and I'm unsure how to make them work.

Can someone help me understand what steps I should use and in what order to make all 4 work? The setup I'd like is to have the wifi module in the top floor (the router is in the basement) and I'd like to use wifi clone.

Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple powerline from different companies
2015-05-18 11:55:15
Press the pair button on PA4010 which is in the existing network. Power light will be flashing on it. And then, press Pair button on WPA4220 and its power light should be flashing as well.
Wait for a while and check if powerline lights on both will be on.
If not, you can try to use utility to set the network name to be the same. Not use if your dlink can do it.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html
Options
2015-05-19 09:28:39
Hi Vivian,
I did this and I lost all "wired" powerlines. So the two DLinks modules are not giving internet anymore. My wifi in my house still works as my laptop can detect and connect on it. But when I try via wire (from the dlink), it doesnt work.

How do I troubleshoot? I have no clue what is working because my dlinks powerline is lighting green as if everythings normal.... I have a feeling that the WPA4220 is hijacking everything and breaking the connection...
Options
2015-05-19 10:33:00
Can you use your dlink utility and rename both DHP-306AV and DHP-346AV to be the same first. Test if your dlink powerline adapters work or not. Connect one to your router and another one to your PC.
If they work, and then, use TP-LINK utility and rename both PA4010 and WPA4010 to be the same as DHP-306AV and DHP-346AV's network name.
The instruction for TP-LINK adapters was given in my last post. As to DLINK adapters, you may go to their website to find it out or contact DLINK support for help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 3