Archer D9 wake-on-lan over internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-20 06:37:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 141027 Rel.40300n

ISP : PlusNet

Just upgraded to Archer D9 because my previous router dropped ability to WOL over internet after about 10 minutes for both PCs attached to network. Now the D9 has the same problem. WOL works fine always. WOL over internet does not work after a few minutes. I have port-forwarded 7 and 9, I have permanent IPs set and I have IP & MAC binding. I have no firewall. What can I do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D9 wake-on-lan over internet
2015-05-20 15:04:34
If both your new D9 and previous router dropped ability to WOL over internet after about 10 minutes, is it a network adapter issue? Is it possible for you to test by a different computer?
Options
Archer D9 wake-on-lan over internet - fixed
2015-05-20 16:11:18

Mike Austin wrote

Just upgraded to Archer D9 because my previous router dropped ability to WOL over internet after about 10 minutes for both PCs attached to network. Now the D9 has the same problem. WOL works fine always. WOL over internet does not work after a few minutes. I have port-forwarded 7 and 9, I have permanent IPs set and I have IP & MAC binding. I have no firewall. What can I do?

Duh, it was something silly I missed! I set up IP & MAC binding for both computers - and it reported binding status as bound - but I had not actually switched on the ARP Binding button at the top of the page! Anyway, both PCs have WOL'd over internet on after 9 hours so all seems OK.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 2