Help with my W9980N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help with my W9980N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help with my W9980N
Help with my W9980N
2015-05-22 08:35:02
Region : NewZealand

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just installed this device yesterday. All seems to be fine then last night the second computer stopped receiving the internet. Says internet not connected the lights on the W9980 only show one Ethernet cable connected before there was 2. The wifi is working fine. I thought it might have been a network problem so I have been slowly working through every this I could. My last option was to add another device a draytek 2700n this I found to connect to my computer and I was able to go into the admin and see the connection. So it looks like it is a hardware problem. Yes I have disconnected the other cables but still can not connect to the W9980. Does anyone have an answer as I have know idea were to go from here. Thanks in advance

Jeff in Auckland NZ
Options
3 Reply
Re:Help with my W9980N
2015-05-22 11:48:47
There are two computers? One works OK but another one doesn't?
Another one works with a different modem router? Did you try different ethernet cables to connect that computer and W9980?
Since Wi-Fi connection works on W9980, can you access its web interface wirelessly?
Options
2015-05-23 05:03:19
Hi M Diamond.
Yes one computer is fine and is accessing the W9980 via ethernet cable as the was the second computer for the first day. Now the second computer can only access the W9980 via wifi. But there must be a reason for this strange occurrence. I have never experienced this before. Now if I disconnect C1 the computer that iis working fine, and connect only C2 it does not register with the modem in any lan slot. I thought it was the network card on C2 that was the problem but when I connected the Draytek it communicated with this as it should via 192.168.1.1. My solution has been to install a wifi card into C2.
Now a second issue has come up. The original user name and password to access the W9980 was done on C2 but now if I try to access the W9980 on C1 it gives a incorrect username/password message. !! Never seen this behavior before either, any ideas. Comment appreciated.
Options
2015-05-26 10:56:04
You can try to update the driver or reinstall the driver for the network card on PC 2.
Did you get a chance to type in username and password when you try to login web interface of W9980?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-358.html

If your case is different and the router doesn't accept correct username and password, you may need to reset it to factory defaults before you login the page...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 3