DHCP over Site-toSite VPN with TP-Link VR200v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-29 16:18:40
Region : Germany

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : 1&1

Hello Guys,

i bought a new TP-Link VDSL Modem Router as exchange for my AVM Router form my ISP. It is this device:

http://www.tp-link.de/products/details/?model=Archer+VR200v

Firmwareversion:0.8.0 0.15 v002f.0 Build 150504 Rel.53053n Hardwareversion:Archer VR200v v1 00000000

Sorry if i'm in the wrong subforum but i cant find a subforum for this device. @Mods: Do what ever you want with my post if it is in the wrong place. :cool: You are doing great work here.

My Setup:

I setup my Internet conntection with my ISP (1&1 from Germany). I configured a Site to Site VPN with my external ESXI server, which is in a big datacenter connected to the internet. On the ESX i'm running a Sophos UTM Home version as my firewall and security solution. The Sophos is also the VPN Gateway.

############################################################################################################################################################
What i have configured and working:

VPN: [/TD]
[TD]Site A Endpoint
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Site B Endpoint with
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
gets ip from pool ------ --------- ---- ------------------- ----- ---------------------------------> Network for VPN (10.242.4.0/24) [/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
<-------------- ------ ------- ----- ------------------- ----- ---------------------------------> [/TD]
[TD]
local Network at home ---> Router TP-Link ---> Internet <--- ESXi Server <--- Sophos UTM Firewall <--- Active Directory Server
192.168.180.0/24
192.168.180.1 [/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Network Card

<---- "External WAN" with public IP ---> internal net: "DC-Netz" 10.10.40.0/24
DNS, DHCP
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
connected to network card directly over virtual switch

This map shows my network with vpn. I'm able to reach my AD server with ping and rdp and cifs and so on directly from my Notebook at home. I can also point my client at home to my ad server with the dns service, the dns requests are getting processed the right way.
############################################################################################################################################################

What i also want:
local clients (LAN, WLAN) to become DHCP Leases from my ad server over the vpn connection

What doesnt work:
In the TP-Link i can set a DHCP relay. When set to the ip 10.10.40.80, to my ad server, nothing happens.

What is working:
When i set a dhcp relay on the Sophos UTM from "External WAN" to my ad server and point my local TP Link Modem to the public ip of the Sophos all is working.

But not over the VPN tunnel. It is instead using the normal internet connection. But that is not really my goal.

I dont know if anyone can help me. But i'm getting really crazy over this shid !! :(

Best regard,

Christian Hase from Germany
Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP over Site-toSite VPN with TP-Link VR200v
2015-06-01 15:00:31
You'd better report it here directly. :)
For German/Austrian Users Only

E-mail:
support.de@tp-link.com

Tel:
+49 1805 875465 (German Service) / +49 1805 TPLINK

Fee:
0.14€/min for German fixed phone network and up to 0.42€/min for mobile phone.

Service Time:
9:00AM to 12:30PM & 1:30PM to 6:00PM,
GMT+1 or GMT+2 (Daylight Saving Time in Germany) Monday to Friday
* Except bank holidays in Hesse
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 1