internet not working via WAN connection after restoring backedup configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-01 20:49:07
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : TL-MR3420_V2_150319

ISP : GAZON

Hello Team,

It looks like there is some Bug in this firmware, reason ...

1) after upgrading the above Router with latest firmware TL-MR3420_V2_150319, router boots up well, but does not get reset via reset Button. we have to hold down the reset Button and do the power restart.
2) booting takes a long time, while booting, in previous firmware all the LED's used to get off and come back once rebooted, in new firmware it does not happens.
3) once the Booting is done, and old configuration backed up file is restored, old password does not work and we are not able to login to the router. we have to finally reset which has above problem.
4) MAC filtering via LAN port is not possible as like WIFI MAC Filtering for WAN type Connection, this needs to be there as addtional feature, if some one want to share his Internet connection and provide access via MAC filtering.

Any help on this is most appreciated.
Options
5 Reply
Re:internet not working via WAN connection after restoring backedup configuration
2015-06-02 10:58:23
1) Did you read notes of TL-MR3420_V2_150319? After upgrade, you have to reconfigure the device instead of using the backup file.
2) It is called wireless MAC filtering and it is used to block wireless clients connecting to your Wi-Fi network even they know your Wi-Fi password.
3) As to LAN connection, clients have to connect to LAN port of your router and it is under conttrol, isn't it? Besides, there is access control feature which can be used to limit internet access.
Options
2015-06-02 16:27:55
Hello Vivian,

thanks for your prompt reply, Appreciate your efforts you have put in here for writing

1) Also what I have observed that after connecting through PPOE connection, internet does not works on the computer. not sure if I have to configure any access control for getting internet working on my computer.
2) Also I was expecting the MAC Access control via LAN port like we do have on other Router Hardware model ( TL-WR720N ).

will bug you with some more questions, as I have reverted back to older firmware with my old configuration restored on it, I will work again with New firmware coming Saturday to explore more features and use of it.

Any help on point no 1 would be much appreciated.
Options
Re:internet not working via WAN connection after restoring backedup configuration
2015-06-03 16:30:00
1) With PPPoE connection, there is WAN IP address but no internet access? No need to configure any access control to get internet connection.
2) Cannot find what you said in the emulator of WR720N. Did you refer to access control? MR3420 can do it as well.
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/TL-WR720N_V2/index.htm
Options
2015-06-05 15:04:16
Hello Vivan,

Again thanks for your reply, happy to see some one replying on this thread.

1) yes : With PPPoE connection, there is WAN IP address but no internet access on the computers.
2) As of like WR720N, we dont have security features on MR3420 , the one, i was expecting the same type of security features on MR3420 in New firmware, for internet sharing via router MR3420 as a Master router and other Routers as Slave router ( extended wifi router) and controlling the internet access via Master router via MAC filtering features as like it is on WR720N. hope you understand my requirement. the one of the features we have on Manageable switches 802.1x. Mac authentication without Radius Server.
Options
2015-06-05 15:07:46
for INTERNET sharing via router MR3420 as a Master router and other Routers as Slave router [B]connected via wired LAN( [/B]extended wifi router) and controlling the INTERNET access via Master router via MAC filtering features as like it is on WR720N.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 5