Help with TP-Link TL-PA4030(UK)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-04 00:09:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Not sure

ISP : BT Internet

This is the 3 port model. If I connect 1 port it works OK. But if I try connecting the second port my internet stops working.
I know it's not the router because I had the same issue with another router. Also it's probably not the Powerlink adapter as the same happens with another set of plugs I have.
I bought the TP-Link ones because I though there was a problem with the old ones that are a different make.
My set up is a BT Homehub 5 router which is connected to an 8 port Netgear 1 gig switch.
I have tried connecting directly to the router or via the switch, but the issue is the same. As soon as I unplug the network cable on the second port the internet works again.
I have tried different leads and different plug points but to no avail. Can anyone help please?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Help with TP-Link TL-PA4030(UK)
2015-06-04 13:54:28
Bypassing powerline adapters, did you test if there is any problem when two PCs or more are connected to the switch?
Homehub 5(LAN)----(LAN)Switch(LANs)----PC1 & PC2...

Another set of plugs are also TP-LINK or a different brand?
Connecting the second port, as you said, internet stops working. Can you check status of local area connection on your PC and login your router page to have a check?
Options
Re:Help with TP-Link TL-PA4030(UK)
2015-06-04 14:44:21
Hi Vivian,
Thanks for your response.
However I think it is solved.
I have 1 pair of plugs/powerline adapters with 3 ports. If I plug 1 into my TV and one into my switch all is fine.
If I then plug in another item, say a PVR into the second port, say port 2 and then go back to the plug that is near my router and attach a further cable from port 2 to the switch the internet fails.
I believe this is causing some sort of conflict.
This happens with both makes of plug.
However what I didn't realise is that I can plug 3 items at one end. For instance TV, PVR and Slingbox, but I only need to plug one cable from my other plug into my switch.
This works a treat. I have now also plugged the other 3 port plug into a different plug point and again it works fine, as long as I only have one cable going into my switch at the other end.
Does this make sense?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 2

Related Articles