confused LAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

confused LAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
confused LAN ports
confused LAN ports
2015-06-09 16:56:23
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Firstly my model is TD-W9980 (i spent ages looking but could not find my model in the dropdown)

For some reason i can not get a connection on 3 of the 4 LAN ports with 1 of my computers. Its really odd , i can connect other computers fine on all the lan ports but one of them will only show a connection on lan port 4. Wireless works fine on all my computers.

Im using DHCP and its got plenty of spare IP assignments left.

Hope someone can help,

Thx.
Options
4 Reply
Re:confused LAN ports
2015-06-10 14:05:32
W9980 is working as a modem router or router only?
When that computer is not connected to LAN 4, what's the status of local area connection? Cable unplugged? Unidentified network?
Options
2015-06-10 14:20:06

M Diamond wrote

W9980 is working as a modem router or router only?
When that computer is not connected to LAN 4, what's the status of local area connection? Cable unplugged? Unidentified network?

HI,

Im using it as my VDSL modem & router.

When my lappy (linux) is connected to LAN 1,2,3 it just says "disconnected" for Ethernet network, it does not even try to connect (the swirly icon in tray) , if i plug in the same cable to LAN 4 it connects fine , if i try another computer all LAN ports seem fine (although thats a windows comp but should make no dif).

I should prob try a reboot of the router/modem but iv just got FTTC and dont want to upset my line stats to much if possible.
Options
2015-06-10 14:34:08
That's weird...can you update driver of network card on your linux?
Options
2015-06-10 14:42:20
it is very weird , i did already check my drivers , they are fine (most up to date).

I really need to take off all the other computers and check this properly but iv got the whole family (6 computers ) connecting / using it almost constantly, some by lan most by wan.

Its almost like it is locked to only work in the first lan port it was connected to and is blocked to the others but thats just nonsense :-/

I dunno , as you say weird
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 4

Related Articles