Max users?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Max users?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Max users?
Max users?
2015-06-11 21:31:58
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : TD-W8970_V3_150427

ISP : MWEB

I seem the have an issue with the number of users attached to the router. I am a "home" user so I have numerous devices connected to the routers 3 Android devices, DVD player*, NAS*, TV*, 3 Laptops, Wii , Chromecast (* = wired) and a printer so all together +- 13 devices connecting and disconnecting regularly. What I have found is the internet connection would be stable for a specific load. And then a "new" device connects (eg I get home and my Android device connects) the internet would stop working.. And If i check the log there is a PPP error entry... If needed I will paste is here later when it happens again.

Then my solution would be to go to 3g connection for the time being, after a couple of minutes I would see that the Internet light would go off and then on again after which the internet would work again for all other devices as it did before the "new" device joined. If I then switch back to wifi the process repeats...

This is not limited to my android device... it has happened with my printer, and laptops being the culprit. It there a solution? Did I just buy the wrong device for my needs and is this device just no capable of doing what I need (expect) it to do as DLinks and 6 year old Netgear routers has been doing?

Its not that all of the devices are using the internet actively.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Max users?
2015-06-12 14:28:29
If possible, connect less than 10 clients to see if the problem continues. Try to disable UPnP to see what happens.
Options
2015-07-03 19:28:22
The problem only happens above 10 users... And I am not sure how to disable upnp on the router?
Options
2015-07-09 14:02:44
Umm, on its web interface, go to Forwarding---UPnP and you can disable it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 3

Related Articles