TL-PA4010PKIT (UK) wont connect to utility / wont show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-17 03:19:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA4010PKIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT Fibre Broadband

Hi All,

Ok so I have an existing Powerline Network made up of a Generic Powerline (200mb) Adapter and 2 Western Digital 4 port devices.

One of the WD devices has been playing up so I decided to purchase the TP-Link kit.

I have plugged one Adapter into the Router and one in remotely and they paired to each other fine and I can access the internet over that link (all 3 LED are lit up)

I am unable to connect either to the Powerline Utility however using a direct cable via Cat 5 Cable. Internet works but the Utility reports no devices attached.

I have tried using the 'pairing' option but it doesnt seem to pair properly, turning adapters off and on again and they connect fine with 3 Led again.

1. How can I get the Adapter to show up in the powerline utility ?

I have tried the V2 kit ending 131216 and also a later link I found in a forum link for PA8010P 24092014

2. Are these adapters able to connect to other providers Powerline Devices ? I was under the impression there was a standard so I (Stupidly?) assumed it would be a simple case of plugging them in and that would be it, note my other devices are open (no password) and work fine with each other but not TP_link

thanks in advance

R
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010PKIT (UK) wont connect to utility / wont show up
2015-06-17 09:50:27
1. Any anti-virus software is running on your computer? Try to disable it. If possible, try to install the utility on a different computer.
2. Homeplug AV standard... To manage other devices, is there any software? Or pair button? If they cannot be paired, you may need the utility to rename all of them.
For TP-LINK powerline devices: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html
Options
2015-06-18 20:16:22
Ok, So I have partial success now :-)

I set up my 'Old' network again and paired all 3 Adapters and is all working fine (as of yesterday evening)

This morning as a final check before taking back to shop I decided to give it one more go and plugged one of the TP-Link Adapters in. Pressed pairing button on one of the remote existing adapters (NOT the one connected to Internet) and pressed pairing button on TP-LINK and its paired successfully. So I now have the units added to my network successfully :-)

I am guessing the Utility is down to some permissions/firewall issue on my laptop (work laptop) so I will try with another Laptop with much less security etc and see how that goes. TBH I was only bothered about the utility because it wouldn't connect so its not such an issue now

I am suspecting / wondering if the fact I had pressed pairing on all Adapters in the existing Network was my underlying issue for lack of pairing before. Perhaps the TP-Link works better pairing to an existing network that isn't all 'broadcasting ' to 'pair' or with each other.

Anyways
Options
2015-06-23 10:08:35
:o
The pairing method is quite easy actually, isn't it?
Since they are paired now, you can take time to solve the utility issue. :rolleyes:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 3