TD-8968 makes my laptop freeze.. Help!!! Please!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-19 14:52:13
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi guys,I recently moved into a new place and ever since I started using the new wifi modem my laptop has been acting upPretty badly...I'm quite certain that it is the problem with the modem as I can use the computer with no problem as long asWifi's not connected.My cousin keeps telling me that it's because my laptop's old and it's not able to keep up with the wifi system.i have Samsung RV 511, bought in 2011.Does anyone know how to resolve this issue :'( this problem is driving me insane as I can only use the internet onlyfor an hour or two then the internet signals will be all lost and the screen freezes. This leaves me with no Option to just turn off the laptop with the power button and i believe that this will damage my laptop significantly!
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-8968 makes my laptop freeze.. Help!!! Please!!!
2015-06-19 16:09:31
The lapotp is the only wireless client?
Wired connection to the laptop works OK?
Did you test by phone, tablet or any other laptops?
What's the operating system of your laptop?
Options
2015-06-20 19:57:38
yes, so basically the laptop works fine to other wireless connectionsbut not this particular one. it works fine at my parents' place, uni, public library's wifi.also,my ipad and phone seem to work perfectly fine to this wireless modem.may I ask you which system type you are asking for?like Windows 7 u mean? (if that's the case yes I do...) sorry,I really dont know about computers very well. :(
Options
2015-06-23 16:44:28
That's weird...
Wired connection from TD-W8968 to the laptop works OK?
Remove the network profile on your Windows 7 when the router is off.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-281.html
And then, power on the router. When you can access internet on other clients, try to connect Wi-Fi on that laptop. Tell me when and how it freezes...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 3

Related Articles