What is the real speed of powerlines?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-24 11:16:20
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n

ISP :

I'm new with powerlines and bought a TL-WPA4220KIT.

I was happy thinking I could have a faster speed than my wifi, and for my surprise I did the first tests and the top speed I get was 10MBs putting adapter and extender side by side on same wall outlet. Using it on another room gave me 3MBs or even 1MBs. :(

Lets clarify, 500mbps in real world for the normal user should be a file transfer of 50MBs right? Where's the official TP-LINK benchmarks showing the real speeds before we buy it? Is there any so I will know exactly what is the best powerline for my needs?

Because 10MBs?! I can achieve easily 20MBs file transfer using my actual WiFi configuration, so what is the advantage here? Even the Powerline signal is poor with the same distance compared to a WiFi connection.

Can someone help me to understand it better, I'm looking for at least a REAL 50MBs file transfer from one computer to another without the need to use cables to the other room.
Options
1 Reply
Re:What is the real speed of powerlines?
2015-06-24 16:35:36
Install powerline utility and check the rate between PA4010 and WPA4220.
The speed varies in real network environment. And file transfer speed is limited by devices themselves as well.
Do you know that LAN ports of PA4010 and WPA4220 are 100mbps only.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-461.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 1

Related Articles