Archer D5 with Sky Broadband (UK)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-28 20:57:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am trying to setup my Archer D5 to Sky Broadband in the UK. I have all the correct login details, but when I start it up I cannot get a wired connection at all and the wireless connections are very slow.

I can ping a web address correctly but the diagnostics show that "ping default address is failing"???

Any clues anyone as I am totally confused

BTW, this entry form is appalling. Not impressed at all
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer D5 with Sky Broadband (UK)
2015-06-29 17:25:46
Deleted...
Options
2015-06-29 17:55:52

M Diamond wrote

As I know, sky doesn't allow users to use modems not given by them. You'd better confirm it.

Yes, they do and have done for a while now. It's simple to extract your username/password to setup a 3rd party router, have seen other forums where users are now installing Asus, Netgear etc

Still no luck with my issue though...
Options
2015-06-30 14:27:51
WAN IP address, DNS are obtained on web interface of D5 but no internet access? Provide a screenshot of WAN section on Status page.
Besides, can you send the complete system log?
Options
2015-07-01 14:18:45

M Diamond wrote

WAN IP address, DNS are obtained on web interface of D5 but no internet access? Provide a screenshot of WAN section on Status page.
Besides, can you send the complete system log?

Issue is now solved. I updated to the very latest firmware (June 2015) and this has worked.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 4