Archer D9 - DHCP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-02 07:43:59
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 150514 Rel.54055n

ISP : Telstra Bigpond

Bought the Archer D9 V1 last week but have been having trouble with its DHCP function.
After some testing I found that the DHCP works normally for a while each time I reset the router, but the problem comes back after maybe a few hours.

From the system log I can see plenty of these error messages:
Wrong Server id or request an invalid ip
[*]No ip addresses to give, OFFER abandoned.
[*]REQUEST ip 561eb665 already reserved by someone
Is my router faulty? Or did I set anything wrong?
Basically all settings are default and I only run the Quick Setup after each reset.
Please help.
Options
31 Reply
Re:Archer D9 - DHCP not working
2015-07-02 15:11:46
When DHCP is not working, you should not be able to login its web interface. If so, how did you check the system log?
To restart the router instead of hard reset it cannot make it work?
Try to disable UPnP. If it won't work, get a replacement under warranty.
Options
2015-07-10 11:36:36
like I said, I set IP address manually on my devices so that I can access the router. In fact I can access the internet and communicate within the LAN when I have set every devices to have a static IP. So I guess the router is partially functional.

I've now submitted a request for RMA. Hopefully I can get a replacement soon.
Thanks.
Options
same issues
2015-07-10 18:22:59
I am having the exact same issues with the D9. Started about 3 weeks ago. Did they nail down the problem or does it need to be replaced?
Options
same issues
2015-07-10 19:03:40
Im having the same issue. Started about 3 weeks ago after the router running fine for 4 months or so. Did they end up working out the problem or was it a replacemwnt job?
Options
2015-07-11 18:41:11
I'm having a similar issue with the archer D7 modem

I'm also with Telstra and it has only started recently (3-4 weeks-ish).

Sometimes it works properly, but I've noticed that my devices do sometimes get assigned an ip that's coming from a Telstra server some how...?

I wonder if it has something to do with the "Telstra Air" roll out?

Anyone work it out?
Options
2015-07-13 16:19:05
It is interesting that all your guys are from Australia and ISP is telstra/bigpond?
Maybe you should confirm this issue with your ISP...

but I've noticed that my devices do sometimes get assigned an ip that's coming from a Telstra server some how...?
As bigdog989 mentioned above, what's the IP address assiged then?
Options
2015-07-13 16:54:33
Attached is the settings I found on my iPhone, these were obtained automatically from the router.

I'm not sure why but the iphone seems to pick up the vi.bigpond.net.au search domain (not sure what a search domain even is!) and then ends up on a different network.
This causes the router to freak out and the entire network begins to have issues.

A temporary fix was to remove the search domain on my phone, forget my network and join it again, a router restart was also needed in may cases.

However i noticed 24hrs later that my phone had reverted back to values like in the image.

I have since set it statically on my phone and will continue to monitor my network.

I'm unsure if this is a router issue, apple issue or Telstra Bigpond issue....

Options
DHCP isnt working properly
2015-07-14 08:54:57
Hi
Having same issue. DHCP registeres IP addressed within the network, but when i want to see the client list - there are no IP's, even though there are 10 devices on the network and their MAC addresses show up in the 2.4 and 5ghz device lists
Options
same issues
2015-07-14 15:56:10
I dont see how anything isp side would effect the lan assigning addresses. Although i only have a basic knowledge of dhcp. My logs ahow that the dhcp is constantly trying to assign new ips to already connected devices. (Lease times are set to like 1440 minutes). Then it's saying that the ips are not valid even though they are within the network range. Interestingly i connected the telstra supplied modem and had no dropout issues. Also it is inder ipoe authentication. The pppoe wont stay connected. I have no idea about that stuff. I rang telstra but had an argument for 3 minutes with the tech support on whether my lights were blue or green (i told them i was using the s9). No help there.
Options
2015-07-14 16:46:21
@bigdog989 Firmware of your D7 is up to date? Provide the topology. Besides, does it also happen on wired clients or other wireless clients except the apple device?

@xzeeno Your model is D7 or D9? Firmware version? ISP? What's the IP address obtained on clients when DHCP isn't working properly?
Options