TP-Link TD-W9980 - Multicast - BT Infinity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-08 20:26:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 150507

ISP : BT

I have purchased a TP-Link TD-W9980 to replace my Home Hub 5. I have set the modem/router up using the built in profile VDSL_BT and can connect to the internet etc - much more stable than the Home Hub.

Now I was lead to believe (and some posts in other forums do seem to confirm this) that this modem/router combo will also work with YouView and give me access to the additional internet channels, iPlayer etc - this is currently not working! Those that do have this fully working did you have to do anything else in the configuration?

I am running the most recent firmware released - published on 150507. Do I need to downgrade the firmware to get this going? Is anyone on the current firmware level and got full YouView access?

The only thing I can note is that I don't know what the firmware level was when it was purchased - but I set it up using the quick config and then did a firmware update. I guess its possible that I need to restore to factory so that it is at the most recent firmware and set up from scractch again - in case I have carried over a big somewhere along the lines.

The firmware published 141215 does specifically mention YouView working in its release notes so I am hoping it is possible. I have seen mentioned about a beta firmware on the forums here that resolves these issues - but I presume the most recent firmware I already have already includes this?

Comments and help please people! Thanks in advance...
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link TD-W9980 - Multicast - BT Infinity
2015-07-09 15:19:22
Now resolved - I had to reset the YouView box.
Options
Re:TP-Link TD-W9980 - Multicast - BT Infinity
2015-07-09 15:25:58
The problem should have been solved.

this is currently not working!
Can you describe or explain in details? All channels or some one cannot be viewed properly?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 2