Wi-FI connection ping spikes and drops out eventually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-16 01:41:09
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n

ISP : Plus Net

Good evening,
My ISP proved to be useless so I am now coming to you for help and support.

I am using a TP Link TD-W8970 router and I seem to have a quite unusual problem.

Whenever I play online games (like League of Legends) I get random ping spikes that can go from 200 to 900. This make the game unplayable and it is becoming quite frustrating.

Occasionally the Wi-Fi Drops out, but it doesn't actually disconnect. What happens is I'm no longer able to go on any websites (not even 192.168.1.1 to get through to the router).
I am still connected to the network but no packets seem to go through. This happens with all devices connected through wi-fi. My mother is the only one using a wire and her internet is working fine when we are "dropping out".

Can anyone help with this?
Much appreciated!

PS: I have trained changing the Channel to "1" to see if it makes a difference. - only 5 minutes have passed so I cant really say anything yet. - let me know if you think I should change it back to auto

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wi-FI connection ping spikes and drops out eventually
2015-07-16 10:43:30
Upgrade the latest firmware (TD-W8980_V1_150514) first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W8980_V1.html#Firmware

After upgrade, reset and reconfigure it.
If the problem continues, you can try channel 1, 6 or 11. Besides, you can also disable UPnP or try to configure bandwidth control.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 656

Replies: 1