td-w8951nd laggy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

td-w8951nd laggy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
td-w8951nd laggy
td-w8951nd laggy
2015-07-31 03:33:56
Region : Ukraine

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : TD-W8951ND_V5_140321_RU

ISP : Ogo Ukrtelecom

Greetings. Got next problem:

A couple of weeks ago router td-w8951nd stopped to work correctly. 3 first leds indicated, led that shows connected lan activity blinked all the time. In this state router didn't respond to any command, and didn't provide the internet via wi fi and via the cabel. The solution was to turn off and on it again.

After this operation router worked properly. But after every switching off the same problem appeared again. With time One turn off/on didn't help, i had to switch off/on few times untill the router began to work correctly. Currently switching off/on does not work. Router stays in the same state 3 first led indicates, lan link (with lan client) blinks all the time.

After planty of turning off/on i was able to made the router work correctly. I've tried to reset to factory default by pushng reset in diferent variations (including 30-30-30), i was able to get access to the web interface and have tried to load another firmware but during the process of checking i got the error that router refused to accept the firmware. Another time i got the same message when firmware was in the proccess of loading.

I've tried to set 192.168.0.66 and 192.168.1.66 and using tftpd server i renamed my bin file to w8951ndv5_tp_recovery.bin Pushing reset for 3-5 seconds and turning router on. The state of leds stayed the same. as far as i know this method helps even with bricked devices. Maybe i made a mistake folowing ths steps?
What would you recommend?

thx in advance guys.

P.S. i have dissambled the router there were inflated capacitors i've replaced all capacitors. Problem still here.
Options
2 Reply
Re:td-w8951nd laggy
2015-08-04 14:45:52
Which firmware did try to upgrade? With firmware upgrade failure, you cannot login its web interface anymore?
Only some TP-LINK products have firmware recovery feature, yours excluded...
I'm afraid that you have to buy a new router since you repaired it by yourself...
Options
Re:td-w8951nd laggy
2015-08-09 16:21:13
I tried this FW: TD-W8951ND_V5_20120811_RU. Seems to be that i should to buy a new device. I repaid it by my own because the warranty is over. Anyway thx for reply.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 2

Related Articles