archer d5 and printer problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-07 01:28:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i have the archer d5 modem router. No problems.I have a hp deskjet 3050a printer.I'm baffled by what is happening when I try to connect printer to wifi network. I can't remember how I connected it with my old bt hub as it had no WPS button ( neither does printer). It seems to offer no option to enter network details or password ( no keypad on printer). It offers WPS or pin. I tried the WPS, pressed button on router, it showed on printer that it was connecting to network, then said it was successfully connected. But then when I looked at my wifi connection, the network that was usually called "tplink 2.4 etc" was now called "network (followed by a string of numbers)" and I was no longer connected to it on my ipad ( or anything!). The 5ghz channel was still fine. I logged onto router and found the ssid of the 2.4 ghz channel had indeed changed and the password was a massive string of numbers and letters.I reset router to get both my channels back and tried adding printer using the pin given by printer. Again, it accepted it, but network changed name again!!!I no longer have printer cd...Any clue what is happening here?
Options
1 Reply
Re:archer d5 and printer problem
2015-08-07 17:15:25
You'd better confirm with your printer's technical support if there is another way to add it to a new Wi-Fi network.
Sometimes, pressing the button is not a good way to connect to Wi-Fi sometimes...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 1