Xbox app Windows 10 - freezing linked to TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-07 05:01:13
Model : TD-W8970B

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n

ISP : talk-talk

Okay, so i'm having an unusual and oddly specific issue which i'm trying to get to the bottom of and was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas as i've ran in to a dead end. I have a TD-W8970 (B, the one with three antennae), v1.2 running the latest firmware.

Now since updating to windows 10 i'm having problems with the xbox app. I'll just cut straight to the conclusion because i've ruled out most things - It runs fine for the most part but once I load anything related to my profile page (my profile homepage, achievements etc) the app freezes. It doesn't crash, I just can't click on anything, almost as though the app has just paused. I've narrowed the cause to the router, as it only occurs using this router, even on the exact same broadband line ( I connected another to check). It's nothing related to the ports or firewall. I've tired running the router in DMZ mode briefly. I even used another modem and tried using the router in 'wireless router mode' so it's presumably nothing to do with the DSL settings. It occurs with both wired and wireless connections on any device I try (one pc, laptop and tablet - so all very different hardware). I'm at the point of puling out my hair because I just cannot work out what is causing the issue, there's not even a single inference that can be made from any of the router logs - and as aforementioned the app just stops and doesn't actually crash so it doesn't even report any kind of error itself. So, any clues?

Thanks for any suggestions at least!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Xbox app Windows 10 - freezing linked to TD-W8970
2015-08-07 17:21:28
You may need to update xbox app to the version for Windows 10?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 1