Archer VR900, Timed access control possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-23 05:51:51
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
I have just replaced my Asus DSL-N66u router because of its very flaky firmware with a nice shiny new TP-Link Archer VR900. So far quite happy but Im struggling to find a solution to my needs.
I want to put a complete block on either a specific IP or MAC address on my network at certain times.
The parental control allows me to block websites but id doesnt seem to affect game playing!

Ive looked through the settings and see I can use MAC filtering but this will only allow or block clients with no time constraints.
I also see wireless schedulewhich allows me to turn on and off the wireless at specific times but this is universal and not specific to the one PC Im trying to block.

So, is there a more complicated step by step guide on how I can configure this thing to do what I want? On my previous el cheapo ISP provided router I had a timed access contol feature.

Appreciate any and all help.
TIA.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer VR900, Timed access control possible?
2015-08-24 04:35:49
Im having similar issues except I want to completely block all net traffic to one PC at certain times but there doesnt seem to be a timed MAC filter feature on the VR900.

The parental settings only block certain traffic and if the PC you want to block is in use as the time goes in to the no access timed slot, they still have access!
To block only access to websites, did you use the whitelist function and the timer and did you remember to put in one obscure website in the whitelist?
Options
2015-08-24 16:28:21
With parental control, if you don't add a keyword in whitelist, you should be able to block all websites. Give a try.
Access control of VR900 has no time restriction...
Options
2015-08-24 17:27:29

M Diamond wrote

With parental control, if you don't add a keyword in whitelist, you should be able to block all websites. Give a try. Access control of VR900 has no time restriction...
I'll give it a go but the websites are not so much of the issue,it's more the gaming and chat! Lol. Not sure why my 2nd post is here as I thought I had replied to a different thread. Will edit when I get back to my PC.
Options
2015-08-25 02:27:54
Well, the parental controls are kind of working......but not really any good!
Im using a PC that I have blocked ( supposedto be blocked now ) using the above method but all of the open tabs I had open before the time schedule came in still allow net access. I can navigate through this forum, other forums and sites already open. new tabs are blocked.
Considering the PC Im trying to block will have a number of tabs already open, it seems a little pointless.

I think I really need a device that has similar specs to the VR900 but with a timed MAC access control. Would something like the C9 be any good?
Appreciate the help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 4