TD-W8970B ( Ver. 1.0 ) - Long DSL line syncing ..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-23 18:26:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Recently I bought the above Wireless N ADSL2+ ( ANNEX B ) modem router and I have a DSL sync problem after booting ... it takes a long time to sync with my DSL line when in
router settings I have enabled the ADSL_2plus value in DSL Modulation type . Is this normal behavior ??
I Upgraded the firmware to it's latest TD-W8970B_V1_150526 ( published 26/05/15 ) .. the dsl line sync have better timings when I left the DSL modulation type to auto but then I have lower upstream / downstream rates and the modulation goes to ADSL_G.dmt ..
My DSL line is up to 24mbps so I want to have the modulation type to ADSL_2plus to have the best possible upstream / downstream rates ..
Options
4 Reply
Re:TD-W8970B ( Ver. 1.0 ) - Long DSL line syncing ..
2015-08-24 15:41:24
If you select ADSL 2+, it will sync but it takes time, right?
Did you contact your ISP to check the line? You'd better test the line using a different modem.
Options
2015-08-24 17:33:18

Mavis wrote

If you select ADSL 2+, it will sync but it takes time, right?
Did you contact your ISP to check the line? You'd better test the line using a different modem.

You got it right .. when I select ADSL 2+ it will sync after a while ( I didn't check the exact delay to sync 5 , 10 min etc ) ..

I contact my ISP and they say that the line is ok , and for my ISP Modem Routers the 5 min sync delay is normal behavior for other modem routers on the market the can't say

it's up to modem manufacturer ... I don't have line dropping just the dsl sync delay .. but yes it syncs and after that everything is fine ...
Options
2015-08-26 11:09:57
Umm, for my ISP Modem Routers, if the 5 min sync delay is normal behavior, we cannot blame that TP-LINK router takes about 5 mins to sync...
Options
2015-08-26 22:55:08

Mavis wrote

Umm, for my ISP Modem Routers, if the 5 min sync delay is normal behavior, we cannot blame that TP-LINK router takes about 5 mins to sync...

I am not looking for someone to blame here Mavis ... I just want to know what is minimum delay to sync with a DSL line for this model with the ISP DSL line in good condition ??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 681

Replies: 4

Related Articles