Archer VR900 possible False error message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-25 04:09:23
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

Has anyone else come across this. I have just set up the Archer VR900, everything seems to be working OK and I can connect to the Internet. However, on the Basic Network Map screen

There is red X next to Internet
Internet Status: Disconnected
Please try to configure your DNS manually.

Chatted to support and they said check DHCP server was on, which it is
Also said set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 which I did and rebooted, but still get the same error message

If I go into Diagnostic tools and do a test I also get "Network Connection Status Inspect(NCSI) - Fail"

Chat support says not to worry if I have Internet connection, but I am concerned somehing is fundementally wrong somewhere

Please help!
[COLOR=red]
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 possible False error message
2015-08-25 17:26:12
On my new VR900 I have a similar thing. Sometimes mine says it's not connected when it clearly is. I haven't run the diagnostics as it seems to be working. Just a bit strange to log in and see the error.
Options
Re:Archer VR900 possible False error message
2015-08-26 11:56:52
"Network Connection Status Inspect(NCSI) - Fail" may be caused by network congetion when you test it...
No worries...as the network is working fine...
Options