Recommendations for a wireless router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-26 02:18:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ok, so having figured out the Archer VR900 is not going to do what I want it to, Im looking for suggestions for a different router.

I need a good strong wireless signal as we live in an old property and the walls seem to block the signal pretty well.
I also need a way to block ALL traffic to a certain PC via MAC address or router assigned IP address using a timed schedule. Im happy to have several rules set up to enforce different times if need be.

So, with that in mind, any come to mind? I checked the manual for a D9 and it looks like it may work but just need some confirmation before I take the plunge.
Appreciate any and all suggestions.
TIA.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Recommendations for a wireless router.
2015-08-26 14:09:19
I need a good strong wireless signal as we live in an old property and the walls seem to block the signal pretty well.

If so, maybe you need powerline extenders or range extenders to extend Wi-Fi signal? I don't think a different router can solve this problem.

I also need a way to block ALL traffic to a certain PC via MAC address or router assigned IP address using a timed schedule.
There is an instruction about access control on D9. You may have a look...
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-467.html

Forgot to mention that VR900 is a VDSL modem router. If your ISP is using VDSL connection, D9 cannot work with it.
Options
Re:Recommendations for a wireless router.
2015-08-26 17:35:40
Thanks Mavis, really appreciate your help I do actually use powerline adaptors for my You view. To be fair I did notice an increase in wireless range going from my old router to the newer ones so I would hope any of the new standard routers would be similar. With regards VDSL, I would like to upgrade to fibre at some point so I guess I would need VDSL? I haven't heard of VDSL so if I have it wrong, please let me know. When talktalk eventually get around to getting fibre in our exchange, would that then necessitate a VDSL device?

Edit just looked, would something like the 9980 be okay and what is the revision b version? Thanks again for the help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 2

Related Articles