Lost all Internet connection after changing powerline privacy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-27 04:56:56
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have never had any issues with the power line adapters until now.I have used these for well over a year with no issues, but today I thought I'd try create a private network using the powerline utility to create a more secure network. I typed a name in the private network name then clicked on set local device only.Then I may have clicked use default (public network) I can't remember. But after this I was disconnected from the Internet and can no longer find my powerline device. Not only that, I can no longer connect to the Internet using any device in the house other than my phone. I have 2 other laptops that do not use the powerline adapters and now they can even use the Internet on a wired or wifi connection I have tried every fix I can think of so far but nothing is working, I'm assuming something has changed with my router as the other laptops will not connect either.When I go in the network and sharing center my active network now reads "unidentified network - public network".Please help! Let me know if I can provide you with more info to help me out of what is beginning to seem like a colossal f up!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Lost all Internet connection after changing powerline privacy
2015-08-27 11:39:11
If you change network name, you have to change it for both of powerline adapters. There is a pairing guide. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html. Give a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 757

Replies: 1