Archer D2 dropping adsl - can't reach default gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-27 16:21:46
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I've got an Archer D2 wifi modem + router and it's just keep dropping my ADSL connection, well not the ADSL connection itself, but it says it's 'Connected' but it can't ping the default gateway and I lost connection, lately about 60% of the time I don't have connection...

I'm using Plusnet in the UK, but I think the provider is pretty irrelevant now. I thought my provider is s**t, but borrowed another TP-link router + modem from my friend and it's working on the very same line and as soon as I swap back the modem to my Archer D2 after 2-3 mins it just lost the connection again.

I think it must be a hardware problem, but before I return the router as faulty I'd like to ask some advice as other than that the 5Ghz wireless is awesome...

Regards,
Erno
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer D2 dropping adsl - can't reach default gateway
2015-08-28 17:14:00
Firmware of your D2 is up to date?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-D2_V1.html#Firmware

Upgrade the latest firmware, reset and reconfigure it. If the problem continues, ask for a replacement under warranty.
Options
2015-08-30 16:13:17
Firmware update haven't solved the problem :(
Options
2015-08-30 19:55:32
Okay, now I'm very confused... I borrowed a tp-link TD-w8968 wireless modem & router for test, with the TD-w8968 I've got a very stable broadband service without any connection drop.
I returned the Archer D-2 to Argos and get a new one, but my broadband service keep dropping with very new Archer D2.

And here comes another trick.. I brought my Archer D2 to my friends apartment and it worked there without any problem.

So to sum up this is the current situation:

Archer D2 works with Talk Talk @my friends apartment.

TD-w8968 works at my apartment wit PlusNet(UK).
Archer D2 doesn't work at my apartment with PlusNet(UK). (doesnt work mean the router can't ping the default gateway but the ADSL line is up)

I have no clue...
Options
2015-09-01 14:55:27
doesnt work mean the router can't ping the default gateway but the ADSL line is up

ADSL light and Internet light are normal but you cannot login web interface of D2 or ping router's IP successfully?
Are you connecting to D2 by wire or wirelessly?
Options
2015-09-02 16:20:01
Okay, problem solved now! It wasn't related to Archer D2 or Tp-Link I suppose...
So TD-w8968 used PPPoA and Archer D2 used PPPoE by default or I set it up wrongly.

Meanwhile Plusnet allows me to use PPPoE and can connect using PPPoE using PPPoE my router just can't even ping the default gateway got from Plusnet at around 50% of the time.. but the ADSL line was up (led lighting etc.). Plusnet mentioned nowhere I should use PPPoA instead of PPPoE and if they can't provide a stable connection using PPPoE why they allow you to connect using PPPoE and also why their technical support couldn't pinpoint on this fact.
Options
2015-09-07 11:22:47
Good share!
To contact ISP and get correct configuration details is the first and most important step there...lol...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 6

Related Articles