Archer D2 - Cannot Connect Via DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-28 03:45:58
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've had an Archer D2 for a couple of months and it's generally fine, once I can get it to connect. The problem however, across both PCs (Windows 7 and 8.1) and Macs is it will not connect and assign a dynamic IP address. Instead I'm having to assign fixed IPs and it works instantly. This applies both for Ethernet and wireless connections. It's clearly not a computer issue as this is now three PCs and three Macs all with this problem. iOS devices however are connecting fine via wireless.

I have upgraded the router's BIOS to the latest, and no change.

The router is connected via Ethernet to a BT fibre modem into LAN 4 / WAN. It is configured in Wireless Router Mode and DHCP server is definitely enabled, with an IP range of 192.168.1.100/199.

The fact it works fine on iOS devices means the DHCP must be working but I cannot figure out why it refuses to do so with the PCs / Macs.

Any advice appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D2 - Cannot Connect Via DHCP
2015-08-28 17:04:09
After upgrade the firmware, did you reset it to factory defaults?
If you reset it but devices connected to D2 won't obtain IP address automatically, I suggest replacing it under warranty.
Options
Re:Archer D2 - Cannot Connect Via DHCP
2015-08-29 17:47:44
Looks like that's fixed it! I've performed a factory reset after the firmware upgrade and now all devices are picking up DHCP assigned IPs. Many thanks.

M Diamond wrote

After upgrade the firmware, did you reset it to factory defaults?
If you reset it but devices connected to D2 won't obtain IP address automatically, I suggest replacing it under warranty.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 2

Related Articles